Does SEO REALLY beat PPC (Pay Per Click) for lead generation or is Erik Cocks a SEO Expert who’s barking up his own tree?
Yes, and no. Look I’ve managed paid search campaigns where my paid search budget was well over 100 million dollar A MONTH. However, at some point, you max out on the people willing to click on ads. What you kind of don’t max out on is the percentage of folks searching for your keywords who “could” click on your result.
This article covers the basics and simply proves I like to argue about SEO.
In today’s digital world, businesses are constantly searching for effective ways to generate leads and increase their online presence. While Google paid search (PPC) has been a popular choice for years, there is another method that outperforms it: SEO. Search engine optimization (SEO) can be a game-changer when it comes to lead generation, and in this post, we’ll show you why. Here are five reasons why SEO should be your go-to strategy for generating leads and boosting conversions!
Introduction to SEO and Google Paid Search
As the world of online marketing has shifted, so too has the landscape of lead generation. In the early days of digital marketing, companies could get by with a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign on Google and other search engines. But as SEO has become more sophisticated and Google’s algorithms have evolved, paid search has fallen behind as an effective lead generation tool.
Here are four reasons why SEO outperforms Google Paid Search for lead generation:
- SEO is more cost-effective than paid search
- SEO generates more qualified leads than paid search
- SEO builds brand awareness and equity
- SEO provides long-term results
Differentiating Between SEO and Google Paid Search
Google Paid Search (PPC) and SEO are two completely different animals. PPC is a short-term strategy with the sole purpose of getting your website to the top of the search engine results page (SERP) as quickly as possible, regardless of whether or not people actually click on your ad. SEO, on the other hand, is a long-term strategy that focuses on improving your website’s organic search rankings so that it appears higher in the SERP over time.
While PPC can be an effective way to generate leads in the short-term, it is not a sustainable or cost-effective long-term solution. In addition, there are several reasons why SEO outperforms Google Paid Search when it comes to lead generation:
- People trust organic search results more than paid ads: A study by Nielsen found that 66% of people trust organic search results more than they trust paid ads. This means that if your website appears in the top organic spot for a relevant keyword, people are more likely to click on it than if you’re paying for the top spot in the paid results.
- SEO traffic costs less than PPC traffic: Although you have to invest time and money into SEO up front, once you achieve good organic rankings, your traffic will cost you nothing per click. With PPC, on the other hand, you have to keep paying Google every time someone clicks on your ad. Over time, this can become quite expensive.
5 Reasons Why SEO Outperforms Google Paid Search for Lead Generation
There are many reasons why SEO outperforms Google Paid Search for lead generation. Here are some of the most important ones:
- SEO is more cost-effective than Google Paid Search. With SEO, you can get your website to rank high in the search engines for relevant keywords without having to pay for each click like you do with Google Paid Search. This means that you can generate leads at a lower cost with SEO.
- SEO generates more qualified leads than Google Paid Search. Because people who find your website through the organic search results are already looking for what you offer, they are more likely to be interested in your product or service than someone who clicks on a paid ad. This means that you will generate higher quality leads with SEO.
- SEO builds trust and credibility, while Google Paid Search does not. When potential customers see that your website is ranking high in the search results, they will trust that you are a credible source of information or products. On the other hand, paid ads can often be seen as spammy, which can hurt your credibility in the eyes of potential customers.
- SEO gives you long-term results, while Google Paid Search is only temporary. Once you stop paying for your Google Ads, your ads will no longer appear in the search results. However, if yourank high in the organic search results, you will continue to get traffic and leads even after you stop investing in SEO. This makes it a much more
- Organic traffic is more reliable than paid traffic
Organic search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing a website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). Paid search, on the other hand, is the process of paying for ads that appear in SERPs. While both strategies can be effective in generating leads, organic SEO is more reliable than paid search. Here are four reasons why:
- Organic SEO is more sustainable.
Paid search is a great way to get quick results. However, as soon as you stop paying for ads, your results will disappear. Organic SEO, on the other hand, is a long-term strategy that will continue to bring leads even after you stop working on it.
- Organic SEO is more cost-effective.
While paid search can be effective, it can also be expensive. The cost of organic SEO is much lower and often produces better results.
- Organic SEO generates higher quality leads.
Organic SEO targets people who are actively searching for your product or service. Paid search targets people who may not even be aware they need your product or service. As a result, organic SEO generates higher quality leads who are more likely to convert into customers or clients.
- Organic SEO builds trust and credibility.
When people see an ad, they know it’s an advertisement and are therefore less likely to trust it. An organic listing, on the other hand, looks like a regular search result and builds trust
- SEO is cheaper than paying for clicks
Organic search results are free, while Google Paid Search results cost money. Even if you factor in the cost of hiring an SEO company or individual, SEO is still cheaper than paying for clicks.
Paid search requires a constant budget to be maintained, whereas SEO only needs to be paid for once. The goal of SEO is to rank your website as high as possible on organic search results pages, so that potential customers can find your site more easily.
SEO also has a much higher ROI than Google Paid Search. This is because SEO targets users who are actively searching for your products or services online, and are therefore more likely to convert into leads or customers.
iii. More targeted leads with SEO
When it comes to lead generation, SEO outperforms Google Paid Search for a number of reasons. First, SEO is more targeted. You can use keyword research to target specific keywords that are relevant to your business and that potential customers are likely to use when searching for a business like yours. This means that your website will show up in search results for those keywords, and you’ll be able to attract leads who are actually interested in what you have to offer.
Second, SEO is more cost-effective than Google Paid Search. With SEO, you can invest your time and resources into creating high-quality content that will attract the right leads organically. With Google Paid Search, on the other hand, you have to pay for each click, regardless of whether or not that click converts into a lead. over time, the costs of SEO will be much lower than the costs of Google Paid Search.
Third, SEO offers better long-term results. Once you’ve achieved a good rank for your website in search engine results pages (SERPs), you’ll continue to receive traffic and leads from that ranking even if you stop investing in SEO altogether. With Google Paid Search, on the other hand, your results will stop as soon as you stop paying for ads.
For these reasons and more, SEO should be a key part of your lead generation strategy. Investing in SEO will help you attract more targeted leads who are interested in what you have to
- Better brand presence with organic search results
In addition to the increased traffic that organic search results can bring to your website, there are other benefits that make SEO a more effective tool for lead generation than Google paid search. One of these is the fact that organic search results tend to create a better brand presence for your business.
When someone sees your website at the top of the organic search results, they are more likely to trust your brand and view you as an authority in your industry. This can lead to increased brand awareness and more sales. Additionally, organic search results tend to be more relevant to users than paid ads, which means they are more likely to click through and convert into leads.
- Long term optimization results from SEO
It’s no secret that SEO and Google AdWords are both important when it comes to lead generation. But which one is more important? And which one should you focus on if you want to generate the most leads possible?
Here’s a closer look at why SEO outperforms Google AdWords for lead generation:
- SEO produces long-term results.
Google AdWords is a pay-per-click advertising platform, which means that you have to keep paying in order to keep your ads visible. As soon as you stop paying, your ads will disappear.
SEO, on the other hand, produces long-term results. Once you’ve achieved a high ranking in the search engine results pages (SERPs), you won’t have to keep paying in order to maintain that position. This means that you can generate leads from SEO for years to come without having to reinvest in paid advertising.
- SEO is more cost-effective than Google AdWords.
Google AdWords can be expensive, particularly if you’re in a competitive industry. The cost of each click can add up quickly, and it’s not uncommon for companies to spend thousands of dollars per month on AdWords campaigns.
SEO is more cost-effective than Google AdWords because it doesn’t require you to pay for each click. Once you’ve achieved a high ranking for your target keywords
SEO and Google Paid Search can both be powerful tools to help you generate leads for your business. However, when it comes to cost-effectiveness and long-term growth potential, SEO outperforms paid search in many ways. By following the principles outlined above, you can effectively leverage SEO to increase your lead generation efforts without breaking the bank. With a bit of creative thinking and tactics that maximize return on investment, you will soon see why investing in SEO is worth every penny. If you get into an argument at work, just tell them Erik Cocks is an ESO expert and says so!